|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Job Title: Wireless Marketing Manager - Reference #: 183068
Purpose of the Position:
The Wireless Marketing Manager is a part of the OCO Marketing organization and is responsible for helping develop and execute the marketing plan for the Wireless team. This leader will be responsible for developing/executing product commercialization and creating awareness/preference in this space through vertical and carrier marketing, while collaborating with the broader team to drive revenue growth. This person works closely with the Wireless Market Development, Sales, Product Line Management, and Engineering Services teams.
- Serve as the Segment Marketing Expert for Carrier/Vertical efforts.
- Understand the market segment and associated applications
- Develop segment expertise through engagement in the market and a close working relationship with the corresponding leader in Market Development/Sales
- Create and execute segment marketing strategy including an integrated marketing plan (in collaboration with other parts of the organization)
- Develop & deploy marketing strategies and messages
- Brief leadership on plans, progress, or other topics associated with the segment and/or initiatives
- Deliver Business Growth
- Develop and manage all growth initiatives to establish brand awareness/preference/loyalty and drive incremental growth
- Create, leverage, evaluate and improve marketing tools and processes to deliver growth
- Collaborate with Sales, Market Development and Product Line Management to uncover potential opportunities
- Engage with Marketing Operations and Sales to fully develop identified leads
- Understand how to create value in addition to the supply of products; Provide coordination and leadership to the organization as we craft offerings
- Develop tools, campaigns, seminars, or other creative means to generate leads
- Prepare the organization to convert leads into opportunities
- Provide Marketing Thought Leadership
- Develop key messaging in target markets to position Corning as a thought leader, to include strategy creation through to commercialization execution
- Define value propositions and associated audience appropriate messaging for focus markets.
- Establish business / competitive intelligence processes to improve quality of our go-to-market strategies as well as competitor specific strategies as assigned
Required Skills and Experiences
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and operate with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize work across various vertical and geographic market segments
- Demonstrated creativity so as to fully leverage the capabilities of Corning, Inc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude (ability to learn about products and communicate about them)
- Proven ability to mobilize resources and influence others without direct authority so as to execute strategy
- Recognized thought leader in the areas of product launch, messaging, and strategy creation
- The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic marketer who has proven experience creating game-changing strategies and content. This leader can create a strong vision and influence across boundaries to move that vision forward.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Aptitude and experience with online tools and platforms including Salesforce.com, Marketo, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as webinar creation/execution
- Experience in technical product marketing, sales, or other applicable discipline
- Experience in Telecommunications or a related industry
Travel: ~20% (usually domestic)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Full time
How to Apply / Contact